Fallen Heroes Scholarship
1. Applicants must be enrolled or accepted for enrollment as a full time student at an accredited undergraduate college or university program.
2. Applicants must be a U.S. Citizen or Permanent Legal Resident.
3. Applicants must be of Vietnamese American or Vietnamese Amerasian descent.
4. Applicants must have a grade point average of 2.8 or higher on a 4.0 scale.
5. Applicants must be actively involved in a community service organization.
6. Applicants must demonstrate financial need.
7. Applicants must agree to have their name and photo published in the news media or website as a recipient of the VAAFA Fallen Heroes Scholarship Fund.
1. Submit a completed VAAFA Fallen Heroes Scholarship application by June 1.
2. Submit a minimum of one sealed letter of recommendation from community service organization addressing the applicant’s community service leadership ability, contribution, and involvement.
3. Submit a copy of an acceptance or enrollment letter from an accredited undergraduate college or university.
4. Submit an official college or high school transcript.
5. Submit any other pertinent information.
6. Email a scanned copy of the application to email@example.com. (Email Subject header: FALLEN HEROES SCHOLARSHIP-NAME)
7. Mail application to VAAFA, P.O. Box 9539, Fountain Valley, CA 92728-9539
***Electronic copy & hard copy of application must both be received in order to be considered
Twelve $1,000 scholarships will be awarded annually nationwide.
The VAAFA Fallen Heroes Scholarship Fund will be administered by VAAFA’s Public Relations Committee. Selection of recipients will be by a special VAAFA Scholarship Selection Committee.
Payment of Award
Recipients must submit a copy of their class schedule and registration before an award check will be mailed to their home mailing address.
1. Applicants shall ensure that they have read, understand, and accept all application requirements.
2. Applicants shall ensure that they submit a complete and accurate application that is emailed & postmarked by June 1 deadline.
(Any applications received via email & postmark after June 1 will not be considered for selection)
Applications will be made available on April 1 – June 1 every calendar year.