VAAFA Membership Application Form – To Become a VAAFA Member
Please read the Eligibility Requirements below before submitting your applications.
- Membership in this association shall be open to all who are currently or have honorably served in the U.S. Armed Forces Active and Reserve components and meet membership qualifications, with approval by 2/3 of the Governance committee.
- Members are not required to pay membership fees.
Section 3. Membership qualification
- 3. a. VAAFA does not discriminate. Candidates must meet membership eligibility requirements in order to join.
3.a.1 Member eligibility.
- 3.a.1.a. An Active Duty member of the U.S. Armed Forces.
- 3.a.1.b. A National Guard member who have been activated under Title 10 of the U.S. Code or Title 32 of the U.S. Code.
- 3.a.1.c. A Reserve Component member.
- 3.a.1.d. A Retired member of the U.S. Armed Forces Active, National Guard, and Reserve components.
- 3.a.1.e. An Honorably separated member of the U.S. Armed Forces Active, National Guard, and Reserve components.
3.b. Member verification
- 3.b.1. Candidates must verify their status before membership can be granted.
- 3.b.1.a. Active Duty, National Guard, and Reserve Component members with access to a “.mil” account must utilize their military CAC digital signature as a form of verification on the membership application form. Army AKO “GUEST” .mil account cannot be utilized for the sole purpose of eligibility verification.
- 3.b.1.b. Active Duty, National Guard, and Reserve Component members without access to a “.mil” account must submit an electronic or mailed in copy of the front of their military issued identification card.
- 3.b.1.c. Retired or Honorably separated members of the U.S. Armed Forces and Reserve components must submit a electronic or mailed in copy of their DD-214.
Section 4. Revocation of Membership
- 4.1.a. Membership in VAAFA is a privilege and an honor. Due to the respect and authority that is often given to those in “uniform”, VAAFA members are to act in accordance with U.S. Law, the Uniform Code of Military Justice (UCMJ), Department of Defense Policy, their individual service component policies, and the VAAFA Code of Conduct.
- 4.1.b. Violations of any of the following will result in immediate revocation of membership, if the facts have been substantiated:
- 4.1.b.1. State or Federal felony conviction.
- 4.1.b.2. Willful wearing or claiming award, devices, and medals not earned.
- 4.1.b.3. Willful wearing or claiming rank/rate above actual rank/rate.
- 4.1.b.4. Willful submission of fraudulent membership application.
- 4.1.c. Grave violation of the Code of Conduct as proscribed by this By-Law may result in the lost of membership.
- 4.1.d. If a member is suspected or accused of an act that is unbecoming of a personnel of the U.S. Armed Forces which brings discredit to the U.S. Military, VAAFA, or the Vietnamese American Community, the Governance committee will investigate and rule on membership status. Removal of membership shall by 2/3 affirmative vote of the Governance committee.
VAAFA Membership Application Form – Become a member of VAAFA